Prestwich Heys 2-2 Radcliffe FC

Prestwich Heys 2-2 Radcliffe FC

By Adam Harrison
28 July
Share via

Another 90 minutes in the tank for Jon Macken's men on a miserable afternoon at Adie Moran Park.

It was honours even at Adie Moran Park as local rivals Prestwich Heys and Radcliffe FC settled for a 2-2 draw on a rainy afternoon.

Danny White and Danny Vincent netted for the home side with Rick Smith and Danny Mitchley getting the goals for the Boro.

Jon Macken’s men face Bury on Tuesday evening in which looks to be a good contest.

The first chance of the afternoon fell to the away side, Ben Wharton fired towards goal but it was easily collected by the Heys goalkeeper.

On 18 minutes Heys had a golden opportunity to take the lead from the spot. Shawcross was brought down in the box. The spot kick was slotted home by Danny White to give the home side an early lead.

12 minutes later Macken’s Men were back in the contest. A brilliant corner from Scott Metcalfe found Rick Smith at the front post who stroked home from close range.

The Boro very nearly took the lead through Elliot Rokka, his curled effort looked to be set for goal but it clipped the top of the Heys crossbar.

Heys regained the lead on 40 minutes. Danny Vincent charged down the left before cutting inside and finding the bottom corner of Ollie Martins goal.

Radcliffe started the second half the better of the pair. Rokka this time forcing a smart save from the Heys goalkeeper.

The Boros lively start to the second period was rewarded on the hour mark. Two new signings combined as Matthew Wolfenden played in Danny Mitchley who tapped home from close range.

Just minutes later the away side had a golden opportunity to take the lead. A great burst of pace from substitute Leon Wright very nearly set up a trialist but it narrowly missed his head.

With 20 minutes to go Scott Metcalfe forced a brilliant close range save from the Heys goalkeeper.

Wolfenden had a great chance to put the Boro in front with five minutes to go but his effort was dragged wide of the goal.

Despite a dominant second half performance from the Boro it was honours even at Adie Moran Park.

Share via