Sat 14
First Team
Warrington Town
Match Report: Radcliffe FC 1-1 Warrington Town

Match Report: Radcliffe FC 1-1 Warrington Town

By Adam Harrison
Share via

Tyrese Sinclair's first half lob cancelled out by the Wire in the second period.

Radcliffe and Warrington both left the stadium feeling unlucky, in a match that could have swung either way. A goal in either half was enough to ensure both teams gained another point. The result leaves Radcliffe at the bottom of the table, although they do have several games in hand over the teams above them.

After a two week break from their last fixture, Radcliffe looked to be the fresher of the two teams and looked to seize control of the game. In the opening exchanges neither team could muster any concrete chances, but the Boro managed to take the lead in the 18th minute of the game. Town goalkeeper Anthony McMillan looked to come and deal with a long ball forward, however a defensive mix up led to the ball falling to Tyrese Sinclair. He duly obliged to guide the ball over the keeper caught in no mans land into an empty net. His first goal for the home team.

The yellows looked to bounce back from the early set back and began to carve out a few chances of their own. A free kick given away by Prince Heywood was taken by Alex Byrne, he then looked to beat Ollie Martin but Martin got down well to his right to prevent the goal bound effect. The away team had another chance following a short clearance by Harry Winter. The ball fell to Byrne but he saw his shot saved well by Martin down to his left.

The wire eventually found their goal in the 60th minute. Riley O’Sullivan mis judged his clearance and Matthew Chadwick latched onto it. He then drove into the box and waited for the onrushing Martin to come and meet him, he then squared the ball across the face of goal for Tony Gray to finish into an empty net.

The Boro looked to hit straight back following the equaliser. Sinclair dribbled the ball down the left wing and flicked the ball onto O’Sullivan. O’Sullivan looking to make amends for his mistake, drove into the area, he then cut the ball back to Sinclair. His shot then bobbled around the box and came to Matthew Wolfenden who saw his shot from close range saved brilliantly by McMillan.

The home team continued to press to take the lead and went close again shortly afterwards. Sinclair and O’Sullivan linking up brilliantly again down the left, Sinclair thread the ball through to O’Sullivan. He then ran into the box and drilled his shot against the post. Another chance came the way of Sinclair shortly afterwards, Winter found him brilliantly down the left. Sinclair looked to then cut inside and curl a shot at goal, the shot was deflected agonisingly wide.

Warrington almost snatched the win late on. Louis Barnes broke forward with the ball, he then whipped a cross into the box, the ball was then met by Mark Roberts who saw his thumping header tipped away brilliantly by Martin in goal. Martin preventing a certain goal from the away team.

On the basis of play and with chances created, both teams will be happy to take away a point. In a game of fine margins in which the points could of gone either way, a point each looked to be a fair result.

Share via

Match details

Match date

Sat 14, Sep 2019






Premier Division

League position

Warrington Town